Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
All titles for this item:
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHOLIC (formerly St. Mary’s Church)
FOUNDED: Church built in 1876; It is one of the 4 continuously operating Catholic churches in the Diocese of Richmond.
LOCATION: Rt. 618, Fredericks Hall Rd., Bumpass
INFORMATION: The church was built on land donated by Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Hay of Philadelphia, PA.
In 1974, Bishop Walter F. Sullivan merged Immaculate Conception Church with St. Jude’s Church and declared these two churches the first Catholic Parish in Louisa County.